Saturday, March 2, 2019

Evaluation Of Work In Progress †Blue Remembered Hills Essay

For the past term and a half I ease up been studying Blue Remembered Hills as part of my Drama Course maneuver and a equalize of weeks ago I performed an extract from the play with three fellow students. I will be writing about my Work In r separately and how easily we worked together as a group to make our deed successful. To do this I will be focusing on the story process and the final performance.The Rehearsals.The rehearsals went very well, with steady progress throughout each session. The briny strengths were the whole groups ability to pick up words, spot directions and changes quickly, for congressman when we decided to use a domino effect for our entrance. This effect was edit in close to the end of our whole rehearsal process only we never had any problems with it and no one forgot it either. We also had all(prenominal) our lines learnt by the fourth lesson which meant we could get on with focusing on our stage directions and fictional case analysis.Our main wea knesses were our character analysis, for example one of our group members engraft it profound to perform as his character because his personality was very different to his characters and his mint was a slight issue as well. I also found it everyplaceweight to perform as my character because at the beginning I would let the status slip slightly at the wrong routine and I wasnt seen as the bully any more, I would also pick up to be c beful about my pitch because I was playing a boy and some sentences my junction would come off girly and high pitched. wiz of our main problems was that some of us had other commitments like work or clubs that made it hard to organise lunchtime or after groom rehearsals this affected our rehearsal process because when we managed to organise a rehearsal it had to be a short one or someone might confound forgotten or not been able to make it, so it was hard for our teacher to asses our work and give us feedback if there was someone missing. We o ver came our problem by working extra hard in our lesson time so we could pay off for it that way. We also tried to work distant a lot so it could help us imagine our purlieu and the sort of things a sevener year old would do outside.I found my strengths were my ability to incorporate ideas into our work and give constructive criticism. I dont timber there was a directors role because we all had ideas and were able to give each other advice on their character institute up. I felt I was able to help the group ameliorate practise by asking for line reruns and workshops to improve our overall characters. My main weakness was character analysis (as above) generally because, as a group, we didnt do enough character analysis and this could have helped me.I feel my contribution benefited the rehearsal process because I could move on the group focused on a task and I was a good group player. I fell I could have helped others in my group more without feeling I was going to offend t hem because it affects the whole group dynamics if one person is unsure and it shouldnt have to be a hindrance. The demands of working in a group argon to not bunch around or waste time, because you have to put as much effort in as your group members otherwise it isnt fair, and you are putting the whole group in jeopardy and therefore are not able to make a satisfactory performance.The PerformanceIn our final performance the domino effect worked really well as uncovereding the thought because it gave us all the energy we needed to open the scene as seven year old boys. The thing that didnt work well was the dirt on the floor, the sticks were fine, it was just the debris and mire on the floor that didnt work. We put it there to make the scene more site-specific but it was unnecessary because we didnt need to use it as a prop and had to sweep it up afterwards as well Our strengths as a group was our ability to stay in character even when we werent speaking because this helped to k eep the energy levels high and keep the performance interesting.As an individual performance my strengths were my volume and diction because I felt I carried my words out so everyone could hear me. My weaknesses were my ashes language and pitch because I would often slip out of my characters voice and consistency language. For example when I am maintaining with John I would lead from my chest which isnt manly. I felt our group created a performance that clearly expressed a theme suitable to our bulls eye audience. We achieved this by developing skills which enabled us to broaden our minds and act as seven year olds.I was able to play my character because My voice was mainly boyish and I was able to pull off bully mannerisms My body language was like a seven year old because preferably of sitting I would squat, or I would fold my arms to line of battle stroppiness when someone does something I dont like My facial expressions suited the mood I was in or the situation that was ha ppening, like when the aviation dropped when everyone emotional stateed at the squirrel in guilt I changed my facial expression to look uncomfortable or guilty My gestures were large and clumsy like that of a child like when we were trying to get the squirrel out of the tree I would wave my stick or hurl stones at it And my interactions with others on stage were that of a higher status character and sometimes very cruddy because I was a bully and carried the higher status, likely after my fight with John I stuck my tongue out at him and made other nasty gestures towards him.Overall I felt that my performance and our overall work in progress was a success and we worked very well as a group to make our performance successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment